Fiinovation How Much We Care About Our Children-mentalist

Fiinovation – During the Millennium declaration the world not only came together for elimination of poverty, but also for saving our children. Today, as we near the end of the Millennium Development Goals, the world can proudly say that we have saved 90 million children who could have died if mortality rates would have been stuck at 1990 level. The joint efforts of nations have ensured that there is a drop in number of deaths due to measles among children from 482,000 in 2000 to 86,000 in 2012. This is majorly due to large coverage of immunization that significantly increased from 16% in 1980 to 84% in 2012. Fiinovation applauds the efforts and believes that the world in the post-2015 development scenario should not keep remaining 16% children out of the immunization coverage. The world should reach a stage where no child should have to give up his life due to healthcare issues. There are global concerns on food security and malnutrition over the last few decades. There has been significant improvement that has led to a 37% drop in stunting since 1990, but a lot of efforts are still needed to combat malnutrition. Indias mid-day-meal scheme to ensure higher enrollment and combating malnutrition has been praiseworthy as it focuses on development of children. Over the years, due to initiatives such as Education for All, the enrollment ratio in primary schools has increased from 53% in 1990 to 81% in 2011. Access to improved sanitation for 1.9 billion people since 1990 has also had positive impact on child mortality. However, still more than a billion people defecate in the open and 2.4 billion people still dont have access to improved sanitation facilities. Dark clouds are still looming over the future of our children and we have not been able to provide them a world which is safe for them even when they come into this world. The children from the poorest countries are almost 3 times less likely to be attended by a skilled person at birth than the richest ones. Every child has a fundamental right to survive and the world cannot ignore the ongoing child right violations. Some 6.6 million children under 5 years of age died in 2012, where majority of the deaths could have been prevented. There has been overall consensus on ending child labour, still approximately 15% of the worlds children engage in child labour that compromises of their right to protection from economic exploitation. This year, Malala Yousafzai and Kailash Satyarthi were honoured with the Noble Peace Prize for their efforts to promote education among children and their fight to put an end to child labour. We should join hands to ensure there is an end to child labour and child marriages, so that their right to health, education and protection are not jeopardized. When we are developing policies and initiatives we should always keep in mind the interests of the children to survive and develop physically, mentally, spiritually, morally, psychologically and socially – to their full potential. Fiinovation believes that the following points need to be addressed when developing national policies for development of children. 1. Combating underweight/stunting/wasting 2. Promotion of use of insecticide-treated nets 3. Stopping violent aggression and physical punishment against children 4. Promotion of use of improved drinking water sources and sanitation facilities 5. Promotion of birth registration 6. Universal immunization coverage against diphtheria, polio, pertussis, tetanus, childhood TB and measles 7. Promotion of exclusive breastfeeding 8. Prevention and care for pneumonia and diarrhea 9. Promotion of comprehensive knowledge of HIV/AIDS 10. Promotion of Institutional Delivery 11. Promotion of Primary and Secondary enrollment 12. Combating Child Labour 13. Promotion of Use of Mass Media These efforts will ensure that there is overall development of a child and ensure reduction of the mortality rate across the world. By Rahul Choudhury Media Team Fiinovation 24/30, Ground Floor, Okhla Industrial Estate, Phase 3, New Delhi 110020 .www.fiinovation.co.in ..articlesbase../causes-and-.anizations-articles/fiinovation-how-much-we-care-about-our-children-7197052.html 相关的主题文章: